Mustang Z42 Zero-Turn Rider
The Mustang Z42 features a newly designed heavy-duty, full length, fully welded, tubular frame built for added strength and durability in the yard. The 679cc Troy-Bilt twin cylinder engine provides plenty of power to mow larger lots or for extended periods of time. This residential-use zero-turn rider is ideal for larger, flat to slightly hilly yards and is designed to reduce mowing time by turning on a dime with the dual hydrostatic transmission and lap bar steering controls. Reduce lawn turfing with the added support of 2 deck wheels and make clean up easier with the integrated deck wash adaptor. You can depend on Troy-Bilt to keep yardwork from feeling like a chore, and we won't let you down.
- 679cc V-twin OHV Troy-Bilt engine features full pressure lubrication to ensure smooth delivery of oil to critical components and a forged steel crankshaft making it stronger and more durable
- 4-Year Limited Warranty
- 42-in twin blade cutting deck features 9 cutting height adjustments between 1.25-3.75 inches high
- Dual hydrostatic transmission with lap bar controls delivers true zero turn performance for quicker mow times and improved maneuverability with a maximum forward speed of 7 MPH and 2.5 MPH in reverse
- Newly designed heavy-duty, full length, fully welded, tubular frame is built for added strength and durability in the yard
- Ride in more comfort with reduced vibration with the high-back seat and foam grip steering controls
Mustang Z42 Zero-Turn Rider Features
679cc V-twin OHV Troy-Bilt engine features full pressure lubrication to ensure smooth delivery of oil to critical components and a forged steel crankshaft making it stronger and more durable.
Lap bar controls have an integrated parking brake to safely and quickly stop the mower.
Keep Your Yard and Deck Clean
Attach a standard garden hose to the deck wash port to quickly clean underside of deck and prevent buildup of clippings
Add versatility to your riding mower with optional attachments like a rear bagger or mulch kit (sold separately).
Ride in more comfort and reduced vibration with the high-back seat and foam grip steering controls.
Specs & Maintenance
- Engine Brand Troy-Bilt
- Engine Model Twin Engine
- Engine Model Number 8Q78XUC
- Engine Displacement 679cc
- Engine Output N/A
- Starter Type Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity 3.5 gallons (13.25 Litres)
- Cylinders Twin
- Engine Start Ignition Key
- Engine Oil Capacity 2.0 qts. US (1.89 L)
- Lubrication Fully pressurized
- Charging System 15 amp regulated
- Fuel Gauge No
- Governor Mechanical
- Choke Separate Choke
- Oil Filter Yes
- Fuel Delivery Carburetor
- Battery 230 CCA
- Battery Type Standard Lead Acid
- Battery Voltage 12V
- Transmission Dual Hydro-Gear™ EZT-2200
- Forward Speed 7 MPH / 11.3 KMH
- Reverse Speed 3.5 MPH / 5.6 KMH
- Drive System Hydrostatic
- Transmission Housing Cast aluminum
- Engine to Transmission Heavy-duty belt
- Deck Cutting Width 42 in
- Deck Wash Yes
- Deck Material 13-guage steel
- Deck Engagement (PTO) Electric
- Deck Construction Stamped
- Blade(s) 2
- Cutting Height Range 1.25"-3.75"
- Anti-Scalping 2 gauge wheels
- Deck Positions 8
- Warranty 4-Year limited residential
- Commercial Warranty No
- Frame Square 2" x 2" tubular upper and lower frame structure
- Turning Radius Zero°
- Bumper No
- Rear Tow Hitch Yes
- Corrosion Protection Yes
- Cruise Control No
- Brakes Disc
- Steering Control Lap Bars
- Seat Type New Milsco CTS - Black and Red 18"
- Armrests No
- Seat Adjustment Knob
- Floor Mats Rubber
- Rear Tires 20''x8-8''
- Front Tires 11''x6''-5''
- Tire Tread Turf Master / Multi Trac
- Mulch Kit Available separately
- Headlight(s) N/A
- Cup Holder Yes
- Operator Presence System Yes
- Parking Brake Lap Bar Integrated
- Model Number 17AAFACS563
- Specifications Disclaimer Specifications subject to change without notice and without incurring obligation. Products depicted on website and other advertisements are for demonstration purposes only. Actual products offered for sale may vary in design, required attachments, safety features and non-functional appearance from. See other general disclaimers at the bottom of our website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Operator's Manual is an important part of your new outdoor power equipment. It will help you assemble, prepare, maintain and safely operate your machine. Your outdoor power equipment was built to be operated according to the rules and instructions for safe operation which are contained in the operator's manual and on the machine itself.
Safety rules and instructions, if not followed, could endanger the personal safety and/or property of the operator and others. Read and follow all instructions in the manual before attempting to operate your outdoor power equipment. As with any type of power equipment, carelessness or error on the part of the operator can result in serious injury. Your machine is capable of amputating hands and feet and throwing objects. Failure to observe the safety rules and instructions, both on the machine and in the Operator's Manual, could result in serious injury or death.
Important: Cub Cadet, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, is concerned about the safety of its customers and others. Due to the size of the Operator's Manual, some Operator's Manuals are broken down into two or more segments so that the entire Operator's Manual can be downloaded easily. Cub Cadet is requiring all those who wish to download a copy of the Operator's Manual to acknowledge that he/she will download the portion of the Operator's Manual that contains the Important Safe Operation Practices section, as stated below. This is to ensure that this section is reviewed and accessible when operating, servicing and/or maintaining the machine.
NOTICE: BY CONTINUING I AFFIRM THAT I WILL DOWNLOAD THAT PORTION OF THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL WHICH CONTAINS SECTION 1: IMPORTANT SAFE OPERATION PRACTICES, AND THAT I WILL READ AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you certify that you have read and accepted the above notice.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 20ms
- reviews, product